I'm sorry to be again off-road to the book, but before starting with the last Connect-Port experiment in Chapter 7 I still have some things on my to-do list that developed from the preceding chapters of the book.
With the knowledge of all the things learned until now I was eager to implement my first own little project to get a simple temperature sensor network (one outside/ one inside temperature) with a real time clock (RTC) and displaying everything on a LCD-display working.
|Base Station (breadboard version)|
It's consisiting of:
- XBee in Coordinator API mode
- connected to an Arduino UNO
- Temperature sensor connected to Arduino (AD22100)
- LCD-Display (16*2) connected to Arduino
- Real-Time-Clock (RTC DS1307) connected to Arduino
- XBee End Device Sleep Mode
- TMP36 temperature sensor connected
- Voltage regulator MCP1700 (with very low quiescent current <2µA)
- running on three AA rechargeable batteries
Part II will be on describing the Base Station.